List:       qmail
Subject:    Services using qmail
From:       Russ Goodwin <rglists () x23 ! com>
Date:       2007-01-23 20:28:55

We are no longer interested in managing/maintaining our own (dying)
mail server (been running qmail for 6+ years) and are looking to
outsource to an email provider that has a good track record of high
availability (better than our current three 9's), all the standard
add-on features included (webmail, antivirus, spam filtering, imap,
big mailboxes, high limits on attachments + sizes), and preferably
uses qmail (we have a small number of users but tons of
user-*@domain.com addresses already in use and don't want to have to
create hundreds of aliases).

Unfortunately email services are like gas stations - there's one on
every corner and to most people they're all the same.  Most either
don't specify that they use qmail/can handle user-* format addresses
or don't talk about sla/high availability.  Actually, I don't really
care what the sla says, most have crappy terms and if the service
goes down we walk.  I want to know the service is good before we sign up.

SO... I'm hoping folks here will know better than the dozens of
google searches we've done who's good and who isn't.

I'm not looking for quotes at this point, rather opinions and info on
the merits of various providers and their systems.  That said, feel
free to have your marketing guy email me directly with gratuitous
self promotion, but please don't spam the list.  Your own horror
stories of how so-and-so sucks (or doesn't) are most welcome.

And when you flame me for asking this here, please at least tell me
where else to ask. ;)

-Russ