List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: How does qmail-smtp check reverse dns record for remote hosts ?
From:       Charles Cazabon <qmail () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2006-05-25 14:04:24

Halid Faith <maslak@ihlas.net.tr> wrote:

> I use spamcontrol2.3 (by Erwin Hoffman) on qmail-1.03.

Good for you.

> I want my mail server to check reverse dns record.

Okay.  You're using tcpserver; the tcpserver documentation explains how to set
up the rules file that you compile into its rules database.  Set up a rule
that allows connections when there is reverse DNS, and which does not allow
connections (or which allows the connection but causes rblsmtpd to deny
incoming mail) when there is no reverse DNS.

If you need specific examples of those rules, see the mailing list archives --
they've been given out many times.

Charles