List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Almost sending (clarified)I think...
From:       Charles Cazabon <qmail () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2006-05-17 18:45:36

Michael R Marria <marria@infowest.com> wrote:
> I am not sure where the obscurity lay

"12 steps ..." explains it quite adequately.  We see so many
amazingly-badly-written requests for help, where the exact clue we need to
diagnose the problem has been helpfully obscured into non-existence, that some
of us just can't be bothered to waste time figuring out what you obscured and
what you didn't.

> I will add domain names in more places here

Okay, better.  As Jeremy said, your primary problem is actually unrelated to
qmail:

> 65.24.7.60_does_not_like_recipient./Remote_host_said:_550_5.7.1_<support@redcoyote.c \
> om>..._Relaying_denied._IP_name_lookup_failed_[72.164.196.142]/Giving_up_on_65.24.7.60./

The address of your mail server, as seen by that MTA, lacks reverse DNS.  Many
sites refuse all mail from clients without reverse DNS on the basis that all
legitimate mail servers will have properly-set-up reverse DNS (whether that's
actually the case or not is another matter).

So set up (or have your provider set up) reverse DNS for that address that
properly resolves to the address of your mail server.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                               <qmail@discworld.dyndns.org>
Read http://pyropus.ca/personal/writings/12-steps-to-qmail-list-bliss.html
My services include qmail consulting.  See http://pyropus.ca/ for details.