List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Lmiting rejected/bad rcptto
From:       Erwin Hoffmann <feh () fehcom ! de>
Date:       2005-08-29 19:29:45

Hi Scott,

At 20:00 28.08.2005 -0400, Scott Geiger wrote:
>I looking for something that will place a host on a temporary RBL (I'm
planning
>on running my own) given a certain threshold.  For example, if I get 10
failed
>inbounds within 1 minute because the recipient is not in the good rcptto list
>then that host would be flaged and rejected on connection attempt.

Well. The best way is to run your own RBLSMTP.

>I'm using Dr. Hoffman's spamcontrol patch (fehcom.de).  So I'd like to find
>something that could integrate into that.

From SPAMCONTORL's log you can parse the IP and/or FQDN of the sender and
put it on a grey/blacklist. Probably its a one line script to be called
from cron.

>On a related note, I'm also looking for a tool to analyze the output of the
>maillog that includes the spamcontrol tags.  I've mucked around with some
bash
>script which worked well enough.

Newanalyse is your friend - you find it at http://www.fehcom.de/qmail.html

regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de/
Wiener Weg 8, 50858 Cologne | T: +49 221 484 4923 | F: ...24