List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Why does SpamCop suck so badly? was: Anti-Spamcop DNSBL
From:       Markus Stumpf <maex-qmail () Space ! Net>
Date:       2005-04-28 15:08:30

Julian Haight and Ironport are liars.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 06:31:41PM -0800, Julian Haight wrote:
> Ironport management is unhappy about this policy because of the pain it
> causes our customers and potential customers.  We have agreed to a
> temporary reprieve which will begin within the next few days (as soon as
> we can update the software) and which will last through sometime in
> July.

Although we have (up to 80% of all incoming messages are rejected at SMTP
level already)
-  rcpttochecks
-  greylisting
-  hard antispam rules
and it is April according to my calendar, one of our mailserver acting
also as a backup MX for some of our customers is/was again listed by
bl.spamcop.net two times within the last 3 weeks or so for sending out
"misdirected" bounces.

	\Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299