List:       qmail
Subject:    "CNAME lookup failed temporarily" solved?
From:       alan () patriot ! net
Date:       2003-09-30 13:20:17

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:45:40PM -0400, Dave Sill wrote:

> >I have read somewhere in my explorations that "oversize DNS packets" has
> >something to do with this problem.  Can you, or someone, explain what? or
> >point me at some documentation?
>
> See http://lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html#dns-patches.
	This seems to have worked.  I got advice there, and I took the
	simplest solution:  changing PACKETSZ(couldn't find where that
	was defined?) to the number 65536.  Then I rebuilt, reinstalled,
	and a Test Message to a friend on earthlink just went flying
	out of my system.

I still am unsatisfied, since I don't know why this fix (seems to have)
solved my problem;  just one of those many things that I seem cursed to
remain ignorant of.  But at least I can now send E-mail to earthlink!

Many thanks, Dave, for your pointer!

Best wishes,

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    "Where are the WMDs???"    "Hey, good buddy, try looking in Washington,