List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: flushing the qmail queue while sending a large number of emails
From:       Russell Nelson <nelson () crynwr ! com>
Date:       2003-04-30 0:07:06

Matthew Berger writes:
 > Note: forwarded message attached.
 >
 > Charles,
 >
 > We're not a mailhouse.  We don't do double opt-in on
 > our subscriber list...yet.

What's double opt-in?  If you have confirmed that someone wanted to
opt-in, then that should be sufficient.

If you don't do confirmations, then you're subject to any one of your
competitors subscribing role accounts at various ISPs to your
mailings.  Sending email to a role account is a VERY BAD idea.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | If war is the answer, then
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | the question must be truly