List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: ezmlm
From:       Adrian Ho <aho-djb-qmail () 03s ! net>
Date:       2002-11-30 13:00:29

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 03:35:16PM +0500, Nasir wrote:
> Iam just configuring and testing ezmlm ,the mailing list manager,

Which, incidentally, has its own mailing list.  Kindly use that list in
future for ezmlm-related questions.

> 4. Make sure ezmlm-make is in your path. Create a mailing list:
> % ezmlm-make ~/testlist ~/.qmail-testlist me-testlist host
> Replace ``me'' and ``host'' with your e-mail address.
> 5. Subscribe yourself to the list manually:
> % ezmlm-sub ~/testlist me@host
> 6. Send a message to the list:
> % echo subject:testing | qmail-inject me-testlist@host
> You should receive a copy of the message at me@host.
>
> What's making me confused is me and host.

Apparently confused enough to substitute different values for them in
/every one/ of your commands.  You really ought to be more consistent
in future.

> # ezmlm-make ~/testlist ~/.qmail-testlist nasir@mydomain.com-testlist nasir@mydomain.com

(Are you really running these commands as root?  The instructions assume
you're running them under your own UID.)

$ ezmlm-make ~/testlist ~/.qmail-testlist nasir-testlist mydomain.com

> # ezmlm-sub ~/testlist nasir@mydomain.com

This one's correct, which makes your other errors all the more puzzling.

$ echo subject:testing | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject nasir-testlist@mydomain.com

--
Adrian Ho    Tinker, Drifter, Fixer, Bum   aho-djb-qmail@03s.net
ListArchive: <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=qmail>