List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: qmail-inject and default Return-Path
From:       Charles Cazabon <qmail () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2002-11-29 18:24:40

Daniel Lorch <daniel@lorch.cc> wrote:

> I have read the manual AND the sources. I just don't see a way on how to
> _automatically_ set the Return-Path according to whatever a user supplies as
> the "From" header. If you have a brilliant idea, please let me know :)

You appeared to originally ask how to have the envelope sender automatically
set to the user who sent the mail.  Perhaps I misread your intent.

If you simply want the envelope sender address set to match what the user
supplies as the address in the From: header, use a trivial wrapper around
qmail-inject.  Dan's mess822 package comes to mind.

Charles