List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Aliases
From:       Russell Nelson <nelson () crynwr ! com>
Date:       2002-08-05 12:40:17

Graham Lillico writes:
 > I have configured qmail to accept email for the following domains
 >
 > localhost
 > thor.grumpygoblin.com
 > grumpygoblin.com
 > thor.williamstanley.org
 > williamstanley.org
 >
 > I want to set up some aliases up that would only apply to the
 > williamstanley.org domain and not to the grumpygoblin.com domain and vice
 > versa.

You say "some".  Does that mean you only want *some* to apply, but
that all the rest should?  Okay, here's how you do it:

1) take williamstanley.org and grumpygoblin.com out of control/locals
2) put them both into control/virtualdomains, e.g. like this:
    williamstanley.org:alias-ws
    grumpygoblin.com:alias-gg
3) create your aliases in ~alias, e.g.:
    echo '&infows@thor.williamstanley.org' >~alias/.qmail-ws-info
    echo '&infogg@thor.grumpygoblin.com' >~alias/.qmail-gg-info

4) then, if you want all non-unique usernames to appear in both
domains, do this:

    echo '|forward $DEFAULT@thor.williamstanley.org' >~alias/.qmail-ws-default
    echo '|forward $DEFAULT@thor.grumpygoblin.com' >~alias/.qmail-gg-default

So, for example, grez@williamstanley.org and grez@grumpygoblin.com
would both go to your account on thor even though
info@williamstanley.org would go to infows on thor and
info@grumpygoblin.com would go to infogg on thor.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |  New Internet Acronym:
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |