List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: How to rewrite ERP?
From:       Charles Cazabon <qmail () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2002-06-28 19:33:36

Jörg Mühlberger <qmail@muehlbergernet.de> wrote:
> I use vpomail 5.2 and want to do an ERP rewrite, so all emails that leave my
> server (mail.example.com) have the ERP user@example.com .
>
> What do I have to do?

Tell us what ERP means.  Do you want to rewrite message envelopes (bad idea)?
Or message header fields (bad idea)?  Or message bodies (really bad idea)?

> I read the djb FAQ
> (http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/appearance.html#user-masquerading) but what does
> he mean with "add to your enviromen"?? In which file does it have to go?

It doesn't go in a file.  It goes in the process's environment.  That might
mean putting it in your shell's rc file, or in a script, or your inittab, or a
tcpserver rules cdb -- it all depends on what you're trying to do.

This is more of a Unix newbie question than anything else.  Please ask your OS
vendor (or mailing list) for support.

Charles