List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: message-id's
From:       Adrian Ho <aho-djb-qmail () 03s ! net>
Date:       2002-06-27 1:21:31

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 05:57:05PM -0700, Nick wrote:
> How could I use the i flag with my run scripts?

First, did you read my other reply?  Have you ascertained without a
doubt that broken Message-IDs are the reason your customer's MUA/MTA is
rejecting them?  Until you've done so, you may very well be wasting your
own time.

That said, Jonas described the solution in its clearest form:

> > Just set the QMAILINJECT environment variable to "i"

How you set the QMAILINJECT environment variable depends largely on
which shell your scripts run under.  A Bourne-shell variant would use
something like:

  QMAILINJECT=i
  export QMAILINJECT

For more details, consult your favorite Unix shell scripting guidebook.

> the owner of the CRM does not care about the issue.

Then you should wonder what other problems your CRM vendor is hiding
from you, or doesn't give a hoot about.

Who /is/ your CRM vendor, anyway?  I'd like to add them to my "Vendors To
Avoid" list under the "Shows Little/No Respect To Customer Bug Reports"
heading.

--
Adrian Ho    Tinker, Drifter, Fixer, Bum   aho-djb-qmail@03s.net
ListArchive: <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=qmail>