List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Max message size ?
From:       "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten () rohrbach ! de>
Date:       2001-09-29 0:05:53

Radoy Pavlov(pavlov@euroscript-ls.de)@2001.09.27 12:58:47 +0000:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to switch from sendmail to qmail and I'm very
> positive about this step. Still, I'm searching for a
> feature in qmail and can't find it.
>
> It is absolutely necessary for our company to minimize
> outgoing messages (target -> internet). That means,
> to set it at 15k. I can do this. The problem is that
> our internal mail trafic from: company to: company
> cc: company should stay restricted, but not that much.
> Let's say 3 MB per mail.

set up two different smtpd instances:
1) standard tcpserver/smtpd setup bound to the internet ip address, with
   a tcprules access list disallowing your internal network to connect

2) tcpserver/smtpd setup bound to another ip address, including a .cdb
   hash with a tcprules access list enabling the internal network to
   connect and denying connections from the internet. in the run script
   you softlimit -d the smtpd to a size you got to find out (could be
   system dependent)

these are the urls you want to read:
[http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html]
[http://cr.yp.to/qmail.html]
[http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp.html]

> Is there a way to do this ?

there's almost always a way to do anything with djbware ;-)

> I have send, smtpd, pop3d, fastforward, dot-forward
> up and running.

that's good to hear!

/k

--
> Vegetarians for oral sex -- "The only meat that's fit to eat"
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.net/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 BF46