List:       qgis-user
Subject:    [Qgis-user] Crowd-Funding Call 2023
From:       Anita Graser via QGIS-User <qgis-user () lists ! osgeo ! org>
Date:       2023-01-19 18:09:07

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have already seen our crowd-funding call on the official QGIS blog. I \
would like to take the initiative to share it through this channel as well:

QGIS turned 20 last year. We want to ensure another 20+ years of sustainable \
development to keep on bringing the most user-friendly GIS to users worldwide.

This year, we, therefore, plan to focus on addressing long-standing infrastructure \
debt (particularly docs and web infrastructure). To make this infrastructure more \
sustainable, we had to make the difficult decision to move funds from our annual \
grant programme to rather support these infrastructure tasks. To address upcoming \
challenges (including but not limited to Qt6 support and next-generation installers) \
and to the grant programme back to full strength, we need additional funds. The best \
way to achieve this goal is to enlarge our sustaining member base.

Our existing sustaining members contribute €130k per year. We are aiming to raise \
an additional €70k per year (equivalent to 1 new flagship, 3 new large, 4 new \
medium, and 8 new small sustaining memberships) to bring the total member \
contributions up to €200k.

The campaign to raise funds for our activities runs from 16th January 2023 until 16th \
February 2023.

You can find more information and follow our funding progress on:

https://blog.qgis.org/2023/01/16/crowd-funding-call-2023/

Regards,
Anita

--