List:       qgis-user
Subject:    Re: [Qgis-user] Challenges
From:       Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings () duif ! net>
Date:       2021-03-24 16:51:14

On 3/24/21 5:38 PM, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think its not a good idea to have a filename like this with a dot at the beginning:
>
> ._MLI_adm0.shp

Mmm, I tested, and here on Linux at least I can easily export a valid shp file to a .text.shp file...

@Oumar: a 'Esri shape file' is actually a set of files: shp, dbf, shx, prj etc etc
Are you sure they are all NEXT to the ._MLI_adm0.shp in the directory?
Not sure what are the files really needed, but ONLY a shp file will fail to load for what I know..

Regards,

Richard DUivenvoorde