List:       qgis-user
Subject:    [Qgis-user] Will not run on Windows Server 2008 r2
From:       Steven Hirsch <snhirsch () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-01-26 12:57:27

Sorry to post this again, but is there no one among the developers able to
assist in troubleshooting?  Any and all attempts at installing on this VM
result in a non-functional application.  Tried 2.8 LTR and 2.12, 32 and 64
bit.  Same symptoms:

- Brief message about "..file in use" during install with no other detail.

- QGis desktop traps to Windows crash dialog while splash screen is
displaying a message about "initializing GUI".

FWIW, ESRI ArcMap 10.1 is running fine on this machine.  We have a limited
number of ESRI license available, so gaining the ability to read GDB files
in QGIS would be quite helpful.

I'm a software developer with good system troubleshooting skils - on
Linux.  My knowledge of Windows is somewhat cursory, but with a few
concrete suggestions I'll be glad to do some forensics.

Alternately, if anyone can point me to a 2.12 build for Centos 6.x that
would work.