List:       qgis-user
Subject:    Re: AW: [Qgis-user] WFS Support in QGIS ?!
From:       Peter Willis <peterw () borstad ! com>
Date:       2009-04-28 18:10:10

Hello Marco,

I just tried the WFS plug-in. It Worked!!! :)
It even loaded all the attributes.

I stand corrected regarding WFS and QGIS.

Maybe the plug-in should be moved into the
'Layer' menu.

One additional note: I have WFS attributes coming
from Mapserver version 5 that are represented in
mapserver namespace
(ie: <ms:[attribute name]>[attribute value]</ms:[attribute name]>)
.
Although I am happy that QGIS finds the attributes in that namespace
context, I am wondering if QGIS will also find attributes when expressed
in wfs namespace as properties.

ie:

<wfs:Property>
<wfs:Type>Numeric</wfs:Type>
<wfs:Name>SomeData</wfs:Name>
<wfs:Value>4070000</wfs:Value>
</wfs:Property>

Or do I have the wrong WFS XML specification....?
Does it matter?

Best Regards,

Peter