List:       qgis-developer
Subject:    [QGIS-Developer] Docs Travis, Failed to open /usr/share/qgis/resources/data/world_map.gpkg:
From:       Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings () duif ! net>
Date:       2020-10-27 19:22:54

Hi Devs,

A build of a Docs PR of my [0] in which I try to open the world_map.gpkg is failing \
because:

Warning 4: Failed to open /usr/share/qgis/resources/data/world_map.gpkg: Permission \
denied.

In my local builds

iface.addVectorLayer(os.path.join(QgsApplication.pkgDataPath(),'resources','data','world_map.gpkg|layername=Countries'), \
'', 'ogr')

just works.

But in Travis (and a global install) apparently the resources are not readable by a \
normal user.

What could be the best solution for that:
- add an install step which makes such resources available for users (and their \
                plugins?)
- create code so the inbuilt: uri's would work (see [1])
iface.addVectorLayer('inbuilt:/data/world_map.gpkg|layername=countries', 'Countries', \
'ogr')

Any input appreciated, Thanks,

Richard

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pull/5521