List:       qgis-developer
Subject:    Re: [QGIS-Developer] QDateTimeEdit: setting a useful minimum Date
From:       John Layt <jlayt () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-07-11 19:31:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 11 July 2017 at 17:28, Mark Johnson <mj10777@googlemail.com> wrote:

> While working on an overhaul of the QgsSpatiaLiteProvider (for Spatialite
> 4.5.0), I just completed the portion for setting the default DATE/DATETIME
> etc. only to find that for the QDateTimeEdit class, the beginning or the
> world is determined by the Act of Parliament of 1751 (Calendar Act) - which
> is a disaster for any Historical Database for any event before 1752-09-14.

Fortunately, historical dates and time zones are are two of QDateTime
'bugs' I fixed for Qt5. To that extent, the future is brighter for the past
in QGIS 3 :-) Sadly at the time there was no QtWidgets maintainer so the
QDateTimeEdit patch to use it didn't get in. It may have been fixed in a
recent Qt5 release though, I think I saw a patch float past sometime in the
the last year or so...

Of course, that doesn't help you right now :-)

John.