List:       qgis-developer
Subject:    Re: [Qgis-developer] Unexpected change in ESPG codes from shapefiles (in stable and dev)
From:       Andre Joost <andre+joost () nurfuerspam ! de>
Date:       2014-12-19 15:22:48

Am 19.12.2014 um 08:05 schrieb Kari Salovaara:
> Hi,
>
> thanks Leyan.
> Unfortunately that knowledge doesn't help to solve rhe problem.
> I looked proj tables and I noticed that there is four different codes wit=
h same
> parsed items.
> And further, why QGIS makes its own variant of the name which is not used
> anywhere in Finland. I know there is no standard for those names but...
>
> I'm continuing to find  some solution for this "niche".

You can always make use of .qpj files to force a specific EPSG code. The =

.prj file normally does not have EPSG codes inside (especially if they =

are from the Arcgis world), therefore the .qpj file was invented.
QGIS always creates .qpj files, so when you have set the CRS once =

correct, you can copy that semi-automated to any shapefile you get from =

outside.

By the way, the EPSG database states for EPSG:3067:

"Remarks:
Identical to ETRS89 / UTM zone 35N (code 25835) except for area of use. =

See ETRS89 / TM35FIN(N,E) (code 5048) for more usually used alternative =

with axis order reversed. "

And for EPSG:5048:

"Remarks:
Identical to ETRS89 / UTM zone 35N (N,E) (code 3047) except for area of =

use. Used in preference to ETRS89 / TM35FIN(E,N) (CRS code 3067) in =

which coordinate axes are in order easting-northing.

So the axis sorting is different, but that is not part of the proj =

definition.

HTH,
Andr=E9 Joost