List:       qgis-developer
Subject:    Re: [Qgis-developer] Legend refactoring branch merged
From:       Martin Dobias <wonder.sk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-27 5:58:52

Hi Larry

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Larry Shaffer <larrys@dakotacarto.com> wrote:

>> However, I did notice that the new legend is not quite the same as the
>> old. You can now edit the name of the layer directly with a click-hover.
>> Very nice!
>

> Hmm. While that feature is nice, it is a little too easy to rename a layer.
> For example, double-clicking the name of a legend layer to bring up
> properties (if set in Options) leaves the layer name in an editable state.
> Upon closing the properties dialog, any keyboard input changes the layer
> name in the legend, because the keyboard focus is still active there.

Does not seem to happen here. I can see that layer name gets into
editing state, but immediately after opening the properties dialog the
editor is closed again.

> Maybe ensure the name is not editable when a double-click is detected? While
> that would fix the noted issue, it doesn't address how often the layer's
> name becomes unintentionally editable during normal legend use.
>
> Any ideas on how to leave the mouse-activated name changing but reduce
> unintentional editing?

I guess we can just go back to the original behaviour without the
"SelectedClicked" edit trigger. Probably not worth some additional
hacks to keep this feature alive. And then there is still F2 for quick
renaming...

Regards
Martin