List:       qemu-discuss
Subject:    simulation of aarch64 store-exclusive instructions with backoff in QEMU TCG mode
From:       Robert Henry <rrh.henry () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-02-16 0:10:28

I'm wondering if there is any prior art in changing the implementation of
the aarch64 store-exclusive instructions so that they fail with some
additional backoff protocol.  For example, if the store-exclusive
instruction were to succeed, then it will actually fail with a probability
of P, and thus forcing the surrounding aarch64 code to (typically) loop
back and redo the load-exclusive/store-exclusive sequence.