List:       qemu-discuss
Subject:    [Qemu-discuss] Qemu Guest hangs on reboot in a nested VM deployment
From:       Ashok Kumaran <ashokkumaran.b () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-09-25 7:55:04

Hi,

Basically I run an openstack environment. But I feel my issue is more of a
qemu/libvirt related. I am running a KVM machine on base, top of that
created a CentOS vm which hosts my instances using QEMU as the hypervisor.

When I issue reboot on the instance CLI, the instance seems to go in hung
state,
I have checked this behavior with multiple instances.

I also have a KVM hosted deployment, where I run openstack directly without
nesting and using KVM hypervisor , I do not see that issue there.

Please let me know what could be wrong with my nested Qemu deployment. I am
happy to share more logs

Thanks
Ashok