List:       qemu-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Qemu-discuss] corrupted QCOW2 image
From:       Mike Lovell <mike () dev-zero ! net>
Date:       2012-03-27 18:15:15

On 03/27/2012 08:23 AM, David Magda wrote:
> On Tue, March 20, 2012 11:54, David Magda wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We've run into a corrupted QCOW2 disk image on one of our VMs. I can
>> consistently trigger it by running an 'apt-get update' on the Debian 5
>> guest, which causes a SIGSEGV to be sent to the qemu-kvm process.
> [...]
>
> (Crickets chirping.)
>
> So there's no way to fix a corrupted disk image? There is no FEC? There's
> no way to tell 'qemu-img' to skip blocks with bad checksums and recover
> what it can?

hrm. can you try copying the disk image off of the NFS share to a local
disk and then do the checks or convert? from the first error message in
your original post, i would guess that the error was qemu-img had an
error in reading data from the file. i don't know of any qcow2 fixing
tool. if the problem is reading the file off of the isilon cluster, then
there isn't much that the qemu tools are going to be able to do. at
least as far as i know.

sry i dont have more info to give and good luck.

mike