Il 09/03/2012 11:31, Stefan Hajnoczi ha scritto: >> > +#ifdef FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE >> > + retval = fallocate(s->fd, FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE|FALLOC_FL_KEEP_SIZE, >> > + sector_num << 9, (int64_t)nb_sectors << 9); > I'm concerned about introducing blocking syscalls in coroutine code > paths. This needs to be done asynchronously. Right; it is no worse than what is already there, except that XFS could use paio_ioctl. Alternatives are: 1) require a new-enough kernel and only use fallocate; return a NULL aiocb if !has_discard and convert it to ENOTSUP. 2) extract now from my threads branch the work to generalize posix-aio-compat into a more flexible threadpool, and move the AIO code back to block/raw-posix.c. Paolo