Gerd Hoffmann writes: > Hi, > >> For another, dev-foo.c is not natural English for a certain type of >> device - foo-dev.c would be better but I'd prefer without "dev", i.e., >> hw/usb/{audio,ccid,...}.c. And then of course only devices should go >> into hw/. > > I want a prefix because with prefixing you get the files nicely grouped > in directory listings, without creating another directory level, which > would IMHO be overkill for the number of files we have here. > > 'dev-*' is used for emulated usb devices (mouse, stick, ...), 'hcd-*' is > used for emulated usb host adapters (uhci, ehci, ...), 'host-*' is used > for host device pass-through code. Which are also devices, depending on your point of view :) > 'dev-' isn't the greated pick as it is somewhat generic indeed. I've > also considered 'emu-' (to contrast with host-*), but it has pretty much > the same issue. Other suggestions? Looks like all your dev- actually start with dev-usb-. If you drop the dev- prefix and keep the other prefixes, you get the grouping you want. Regardless, collecting the usb devices in one place is an improvement. Let's do it.