List:       qemu-devel
Subject:    Re: [Qemu-devel] emulated lance device crashes in debian-sparc32
From:       "Blue Swirl" <blauwirbel () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-20 7:10:20

> I've verified your patch fixes the crash for me.  But I'm curious, have
> I been running qemu in a nonstandard fashion, then?  (Should I be
> specifying more than just "-net user", normally?)
>
> If so, I can make up a patch to amend the documentation.

I think Qemu should reject -net user only. Currently that seems to
mean that there is no nic, but still the vlan is connected to slirp
stack. That does not make any sense.

I usually run Qemu either without -net arguments or using the nice
qemu-launcher, which automatically adds -net nic,vlan=0 -net
user,vlan=0.