List:       pywikipediabot-users
Subject:    Re: [pywikibot] Crying about wrong namespace names
From:       info () gno ! de
Date:       2016-08-24 10:35:05

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Bináris <wikiposta@gmail.com>
An:      Pywikibot discussion list <pywikibot@lists.wikimedia.org>
Datum:   24.08.2016 07:39

> > The version string is inside family.py.
>
> I couldn't find it. Neither searching for "wmf", nor for "1.26".

We are speaking about compat?
patch supplied in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/306409/

> > For namespaces you can use the maintenance script update_namespaces.py;
>
> No such script in my copy. I tried to edit family file manually with

That script is inside the maintenance folder

> Notepad++, but for my surprise I found an ANSI-coded file with strange
> character combinations in Hungarian names, and they remain that way after
> converting to UTF-8. (Although the forst line contains utf-8 coding, but
> the file itself is not UTF-8 anyway.)
>
> E.g.
> self.namespaces[90] = {
> 'hu': u'T? ©ma',
> but the bot recognizes it as Téma (which is the correct spelling).
> How is that possible? I didn't dare to edit after this.

Might be settings in notepad is wrong. Choose "UTF-8 without BOM" in the "Coding" \
menu. I guess that is the en localisation. It is the 5th menu, my german language \
setting says "Kodierung" -> "UTF-8 ohne BOM". Hope that helps.

Better use idle instead which comes with python. Right-click the .py file and choose \
"Edit with IDLE" from the context menu.