List:       pythonmac-sig
Subject:    [Pythonmac-SIG] Wanted: list admin for the PythonMac mailing list
From:       Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen () cwi ! nl>
Date:       2012-04-23 20:23:51

Folks,
as you've probably noticed:-) the amount of time I spend on the pythonmac-sig mailing \
list has considerably diminished over the last couple of years. Not that I'm not \
interested, but I simply don't have the time:-(

However, I was still one of the two list maintainers, together with Skip. However, he \
has called it quits, so I'm now apparently the only list maintainer. It's not a lot \
of work, really nothing more than looking through the held emails once every week or \
so. Usually there's a few of them, usually they are all spam, but occasionally there \
is something that should be let through. Think of an investment of half a minute per \
week. Then you need to help epoepl with trouble unsubscribing once every year or so. \
It may be required to take emergency measures once in a very blue moon (I think it \
happened once in the last 15 years, on one of the many mailing lists I've maintained) \
such as temporarily shutting the list down in case of spam storms.

So, I want a volunteer to be list maintainer.

If you already know mailman that's a pre, but learning it doesn't take long either \
(it's in Python, so it's high quality software:-). I'll continue as a maintainer (as \
                long as you let me:-), but i don't want to be the sole person \
                responsible.