List:       pythonmac-sig
Subject:    [Pythonmac-SIG]  problems with sys.path
From:       newbie73 <luis.cota () avmltd ! com>
Date:       2008-03-09 16:48:32

Just installed Leopard (10.5) and have been configuring my python setup.
First I installed python 2.5.2 from python.org and then began building the
libraries I need to use (numpy/scipy, etc).

After reading through the forums, I ran across the following fixes:

placing a .pth file in /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages with code to insert
my custom paths (including /library/python/2.5/site-packages) in the
PYTHONPATH variable, yet they do not seem to appear.  I have also placed
environment.plist in ~/.MacOSX with a PYTHONPATH key which looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DISPLAY</key>
	<string>:0.0</string>
	<key>PYTHONPATH</key>
	<string>/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages:</string>
</dict>
</plist>

This also does not work.  I'm a bit confused on what to do now to get my
paths to appear in PYTHONPATH - anybody have any suggestions?