List:       python-list
Subject:    Logging with unittest
From:       Jared Windover <jaredwindover () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-27 21:37:49

I've been working with unittest for a while and just started using logging, and my \
question is: is it possible to use logging to display information about the tests \
you're running, but still have it be compatible with the --buffer option so that you \
only see it if a test fails? It seems like it would be a useful (and more standard \
than print statements) way to include stuff like parameter values near where a test \
may fail.

What I currently have happening is that the logging output is shown regardless of \
                whether or not the -b (or --buffer) flag is present. Any thoughts?