List:       python-list
Subject:    Re: Autocompletion
From:       Sorin Schwimmer <sxn02 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-04-10 5:07:27

Sorry for being careless in my choice of words: when I wrote "dictionary", I meant a \
collection of words in any given human language, not a Python dictionary.

Perhaps I should try to explain a bit more what I try to accomplish: in a notebook \
the user will write text, and certain words (collected in a, let's say, vocabulary) \
need this feature. Ideally, I'd like to start the autocompletion feature when the \
widget gets the focus, and stop it when focus is lost. Moreover, when starting, a \
numeric parameter should dictate that the autocompletion will kick in after writing \
the respective number of characters.

I said "notebook" because that's my intended use, but any kind of text entry should \
have the same behaviour if autocompletion is associated with it.

I am targeting an English and a French vocabulary.

SxN