List:       python-list
Subject:    But it was yesterday here!
From:       Sorin Schwimmer <sxn02 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-11-07 16:24:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

(the quote is from 'Le gendarme et les extra-terrestres', a must-see Frech comedy)

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the smtplib - I did it so many times already. The import statement \
fails, as the SMTP name cannot be imported. Digging more, I found that SMTP fails \
because email.base64MIME cannot be imported (ImportError:No module named base64MIME).
I don't understand why, as the file is in the right location, has the correct access \
rights (I'm on Linux), and it's content is not corrupt. I also tried to import \
email.__init__ and end up with the same error.

The only way that works is to navigate to the email directory and perform the import \
base64MIME there.

What may have happened?

Thanks,
Sorin