List:       python-list
Subject:    Re: finding out the calling function
From:       flupke <flupke () nonexistingdomain ! com>
Date:       2005-07-27 6:58:45

flupke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a property in a class that gets changed
> and i would want to know who changes it.
> Is there a way i can find out the calling function of a property?
>
> Thanks,
> Benedict

I solved it by using
     import traceback, sys
     traceback.print_stack()
in the property

However, i'm not sure this is the best way.
I also tried to use the print_tb funtion from the traceback
function

traceback.print_tb(sys.last_traceback)

This produces an error
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'last_traceback'

So how can i pass a valid "traceback" object to the print_tb function
and where do i find one?

Thanks,
Benedict