On Wednesday 27 July 2005 05:37, Meyer, Tony wrote: > I can see that this would make sense in some situations, but ISTM that it > would make a great deal more sense (and be much more intuitive) to have > concatenation include the separator character (i.e. be join). def functions_which_modifies_some_file_in_place(path): output = open(path+'.tmp', 'w') ..... I dont want a seperator inserted between path and the new extension. -- Toby Dickenson -- http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list