List:       python-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: ANN: python-ldap-2.0.3
From:       Jens Vagelpohl <jens () dataflake ! org>
Date:       2004-10-06 19:26:33

> * Added support for LDAP Password Modify Extended Operation
>   (see RFC 3062)
>
> Demo/:
> * Added passwd_ext_op.py
>
> Modules/:
> * Added l_ldap_passwd() in LDAPObject.c
>
> Lib/:
> * Added methods passwd() and passwd_s() to
>   ldap.ldapobject.LDAPObject

Question: Is the Password Modify Extended Operation a generally
supported LDAP operation or is it only on a few server implementations
(I know OpenLDAP has it)? I'm trying to gauge whether this should be
the default under-the-hood way of changing passwords from my own
Zope-related products.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens@zetwork.com
Software Engineer			Zope - done medium rare
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/