List:       python-ldap-dev
Subject:    python-ldap and OpenLDAP 2.1.x (was: web2ldap and Solaris running
From:       Michael_Ströder <michael () stroeder ! com>
Date:       2002-06-26 18:29:13

Franco Spinelli wrote:
> I have installed openldap 2.1.2 fron openldap site
 > [..]
>     from _ldap import *
>> ImportError: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal: relocation error:
>> file /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_ldap.so:
>> symbol ldap_url_search: referenced symbol not found

Hmm, it seems that ldap_url_search is no longer available in
OpenLDAP 2.1. So far I've never tested python-ldap with OpenLDAP 2.1.

You have two options:

* Use OpenLDAP 2.0.x to build python-ldap against that (see
   parameters library_dirs and include_dirs in setup.cfg to
   specify a separate OpenLDAP 2.0.x directory you used for
   OpenLDAP 2.0.x's ./configure --prefix)

* Remove any reference to ldap_url_search in
   Modules/LDAPObject.c. web2ldap does not use this function.

Ciao, Michael.