List:       python-ideas
Subject:    [Python-ideas] Sort statement
From:       scott+python-ideas () scottdial ! com (Scott Dial)
Date:       2008-06-16 2:26:39

Chris Rebert wrote:
> Although I admit, that error message could be improved. At least
> including the object in question would be better, for instance:
> TypeError: unsubscriptable object "None"
> Or perhaps also changing "unsubscriptable" to something more
> comprehensible to newbies:
> TypeError: object "None" does not support the subscript operator

This error message was discussed on python-dev back in April, but I
don't know that anything ever came from it.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2008-April/078744.html

It would good if it was at least unified for all objects (which it was
not at the time, maybe it is now..)

-Scott

--
Scott Dial