List:       python-email-sig
Subject:    Re: [Email-SIG] Splitting a list of addresses
From:       Cameron Simpson <cs () zip ! com ! au>
Date:       2011-10-02 7:57:20

On 02Oct2011 08:45, Nicholas Cole <nicholas.cole@gmail.com> wrote:
| Given a string containing a list of addresses separated by a comma,
| such as one might find in a 'CC' field,  email.utils.parseaddr
| correctly parses the first address and then silently ignores all of
| the following ones.  Could a version of that function be put into the
| library that returned a tuple of tuples, rather than just dropping the
| additional information?

What, like this?

  http://docs.python.org/library/email.util.html#email.utils.getaddresses

That's exactly what you want, I think.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

No one's jumped off  the top of the [Windows] building here, so I guess
that's a pretty good indicator that it can't be all that bad.
        - Rob Bennett, Microsoft group product manager on Windows 98