List:       python-edu-sig
Subject:    [Edu-sig] update on Pythonic High School curriculum writing
From:       kirby urner <kirby.urner () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-08-20 16:14:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Here's an updated link to my open source curriculum writing.

https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/4dsolutions/elite_school/blob/master/Home.ipynb

Pythonic High School Math one might call it, with bridges to other STEAM
topics, and thence to PATH. [1]

I introduce folks to my Notebooks using nbviewer because the native Github
rendering is less thorough i.e. LaTeX is not interpreted.  LaTeX, Git,
SQL... all important high school topics.

Kirby

[1] I'm not sure how much PATH caught on after Andrew Hacker used it in The
Math Myth. An attempt to map the Humanities with four letters, copying the
STEM idea (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics for those of you not
using this namespace). I've customized PATH to mean Philosophy Anthropology
Theater History, with Theater having an expanded meaning ("all the world is
a stage").  Then the local custom is to expand STEM to STEAM saying A is
for Art and claiming here's a way to bridge the CP Snow Chasm twixt the
Sciences and the Humanities. My wrinkle is to use A for Anthropology (which
includes Art in my account) and to intersect on this Science-Humanities
topic (the study of we humans and our many subcultures i.e. cults).