List:       python-edu-sig
Subject:    [Edu-sig] BOF at SIGCSE 2009
From:       Richard Enbody <enbody () cse ! msu ! edu>
Date:       2008-10-21 18:14:47

Greetings,

I am putting together a proposal for a Birds-of-a-Feather meeting at
SIGCSE 2009 on use of Python in CS1 courses.  There is a place for
additional discussion leaders.  Anyone interested in helping me lead a BOF?

The deadline for the BOF proposal is Monday, Oct 27.  Discussion leaders
must commit to being at SIGCSE 2009 (March 4-7 in Chattanooga, TN
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/groups/sigcse09/)

My draft title is: "Is Python appropriate for CS1?"

Contact me directly at enbody@cse.msu.edu, if you are interested.

In any case, if this BOF happens, I hope that any Edu-sig folk at SIGCSE
will attend and add their $0.02

Cheers,

-rich
enbody@cse.msu.edu