List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    [Distutils] Re: Installation Instructions for Python?
From:       Jeremy Stanley <fungi () yuggoth ! org>
Date:       2020-12-11 17:49:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 2020-12-08 18:29:33 +0000 (+0000), Cort, Brian wrote:
> We were trying to create an automated installation process. As
> part of this, our software deployment team has requested the
> installation instructions, which I was unable to locate. Can you
> help by pointing me towards them?

The most official instructions I'm aware of are these:

    https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-391/
    https://devguide.python.org/setup/
    https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/README.rst#build-instructions

That said, most people obtain Python from a distributor and don't
build it themselves nor install it directly (unless maybe using
commercial operating systems which don't ship it by default).
--
Jeremy Stanley