List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    [Distutils] Compiling and installing C executable in setup.py
From:       sashk <b () sashk ! xyz>
Date:       2017-01-21 3:57:38

Hello,

I've got a python package which requires to install C executable, which will need to \
go into proper place, i.e. same  place where scripts would go ($VIRTUAL_ENV/bin, \
/usr/local/bin, etc).

What would be the correct way to implement this?

I found couple examples, but they work only when using pip to install  the package, \
but fail when I try to use  python setup.py install: they will build the executable, \
but will not install it during the "install bdist_egg" stage.

Regards,
-sashk