List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    Re: [Distutils] Switch to upload.pypi.org instead of upload.pypi.io
From:       Donald Stufft <donald () stufft ! io>
Date:       2016-07-31 4:54:15

> On Jul 30, 2016, at 11:59 PM, tritium-list@sdamon.com wrote:
>

> > +1 on the recommendation for folks to switch their configuration
> > settings, although given that domains aren't that expensive, it's
> > probably worth the PSF keeping control of pypi.io as an alias of
> > pypi.org at least for a few years (and perhaps indefinitely).
>
> It's important to keep pypi.io around for a while, since pypi.org isn't propagating \
> yet.

There are currently no plans to stop supporting pypi.io, though at some point \
upload.pypi.io might go away or become a redirect to upload.pypi.org (we can't \
redirect it currently because it's a POST request with files and the clients don't \
support redirects).

None of the other domains for pypi.org are currently active yet.

—
Donald Stufft