List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    Re: [Distutils] setup.cfg
From:       Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-26 6:44:32

On 26 November 2014 at 09:35, Erik Bray <erik.m.bray@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might also consider giving pbr a look:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/pbr/
>
> This is basically a fork of d2to1 made for OpenStack that I think may
> be more actively developed.

No "may" about it - the OpenStack folks continue to iterate on PBR to
ensure it meets the needs of the various OpenStack projects. Robert
Collins gave a talk about semantic versioning with PBR at PyCon New
Zealand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hjg-Uia5AU

It's most effective if you're using git for version control, but some
aspects should be useful regardless of the specific version control
system.

Cheers,
Nick.

--