List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    Re: [Distutils] Problem: couldn't find a setup script in C:\Users\[user]\[package]
From:       Lennart Regebro <regebro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-09-30 11:38:50

Indeed, if there is a folder called "foobar" in your current
directory, and you run "easy_install foobar", easy_install will assume
you are trying to install the package in the folder "foobar", which
fails if it is not a package. One solution to that is to change your
current directory to a directory that does not include the folder
"foobar".

//Lennart