List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    Re: [Distutils] Distribute: Running 2to3 on just some
From:       Lennart Regebro <regebro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-25 3:54:58

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 01:37, Vladimir Perić <vlada.peric@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a Distribute question: We bundle a library in our
> application. The library is already py3k compatible but we need to use
> 2to3 for our code. Is there a way to tell Distribute to skip a
> directory?

No, but you can extract the library into it's own package and set up
your package to require it, at which point it will be downloaded and
installed when you install your package.
That's the correct way of doing it.

> Or, alternatively, to feed it a list of to run 2to3 on
> directly. I looked at the relevant code (in build_py) but I can't seem
> to get it. How does Distribute know which files have changed?

Timestamps compared with the target.

--
Lennart Regebro: http://regebro.wordpress.com/
Porting to Python 3: http://python3porting.com/