List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    [Distutils] Changing bdist_rpm locations to conform to other rpm
From:       "Stanley A. Klein" <sklein () cpcug ! org>
Date:       2010-02-15 20:31:42

I'm trying to build rpms for some Python packages located in an svn
repository.  I would prefer to use the same locations for builds and
results as for non-Python rpm packages.

I can set --rpm-base=$HOME/rpmbuild and some of the process happens in
subdirectories of rpmbuild, but in the end, the source rpms are moved from
rpmbuild/SRPMS to a dist directory under the package home, the binary rpms
are moved from rpmbuild/RPMS to the same directory, and the tar.gz are
similarly moved.  I would prefer to have everything created as part of the
build remain in the rpmbuild directory.

How can I prevent files from being stored back in the svn repository as a
result of the package build?

Stan Klein