List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    Re: [Distutils] Installing config files into specific directories,
From:       David Laban <alsuren () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-21 15:15:47

> 2. When the application is first run, check for ~/.local (or APPDATA on
> Windows) - and if user config directory-or-files is not present, copy them
> from the namespace location to ~/.local.

The app is only ever run by dbus finding the service file, so this
won't work. The file does not need to be editable once it's installed,
but if the user does not have root access, it needs to be installed in
~.local/share rather than /usr/share or wherever.

If I created an "install_xdg" function, would I be able to contribute
it to distutils/setuptools/distribute?

David