List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    Re: [Distutils] [issue19] Will setuptools on Mac Python accept fat
From:       zooko <zooko () zooko ! com>
Date:       2008-06-07 21:08:44

On Jun 3, 2008, at 1:12 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> That's an issue in Apple's build of Python and not something we can
> fix.

So what is the status of this issue now, from the perspective of a user?

Do we have to avoid building binary distributions on certain versions
of Mac OS X, or certain CPU architectures?  Do we need to build
separate "PPC" and "x86" binary distributions?

Or is everything going to work fine and, as a user of Python and
distutils and setuptools, I can ignore this issue?

Regards,

Zooko